Tuesday, December 30, 2008

tears of joy and love for talent...

Still up cos I'm watching the Kennedy Center Awards... wow, what tributes.
I missed part of it while we went out and used our LMH gift certificate for dinner at El Mezcal.. OMG, the shrimp cocktail Mezcal (shrimp and avocado chunks in pico de gallo sauce) was worth the entire price.

So I came in time to see the wonderful friendship between BB King and Morgan Freeman shown in the first act I did see.
Call me a sap.. but George Jones holds my heart for the saddest song ever written, "He Stopped Loving Her Today". Alan Jackson did him proud, I'd say.
And the look on Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey's faces when the curtain opened to the New York PD and Fire Dept singing "Teenage Wasteland".. was truly priceless.

ETA... has Beyonce ever looked so posh?!!
Speaking of Posh, Twyla Tharp's Sinatra Suite was breathtaking!

I imagine there may be more edits as I watch this show.

No comments: